I’m a basically intelligent person. I can see what’s going on around me and I can usually figure out a way to make most things work.
It seems however that lately, if I’m not paying close attention, I can really screw up!
This morning, Ralph was up when I didn’t expect he would be. I had allowed him plenty of time to do his breakfast routine before I decided to have mine. I knew what my breakfast would be. I had diligently prepared my OOIAJ (overnight oats in a jar) last night. I was looking forward to it since I got up at 5am. I’m not really interested in breakfast at that time which I probably should change after today.
I like my OOIAJ warmed. I know it’s not how it was intended to be eaten, but that’s how I like it. I give it a minute and 30 seconds which is usually perfect. I put it in the microwave.
Ralph and I were milling about the kitchen chatting about various things. I suddenly realized there was an out of the ordinary sound coming from the microwave. I leaned down to look inside and saw sparks! Without mentioning it to Ralph, I quickly turned it off.
Note to self: Be sure to remove ALL of the metallic inner seal from the peanut butter jar Before you put it in the microwave.
Here is the proof-
Notice the little black crusty places around the edge? The one on the right is actually plastic that burned away. Thank goodness I realized this was happening.
The good news is…the OOIAJ tasted delicious! It’s always very satisfying. I think it’s the protein in the peanut butter that does that. Perhaps I should add it to oatmeal when it’s not in the jar.
At least I have enough sense NOT to use dishes in the microwave with any kind of metal on it!
Back to work on my sorting and packing!!
Happy Friday! Don’t set anything on fire!